About Me

My photo
I have an on going love story with my cowboy of 38 years and when I die I am moving to Heaven so all my friends and family know where I am! Acts 2:38

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Got Color????

Different for a blog, ya think? The little picture that started it all is of Miss Ella Grace. She was about 6 or 7 months old and her mommy had dressed her in this cute little pink and black dress. You can't tell from the picture but she had this look on her face that is priceless to me. It was a "Seriously Mom" type face that will turn up again when she is about 15 or 16.LOL!!! So, when I came across the black and pink template called Fairy Dreams,[ I think]. I looked at so many I'm not sure if that's the name but it just jumped out at me. Usually I like red or blue or yellow but for now it's black and pink. Do you have a favorite color that has a story behind it? Do you change favorite colors from time to time? Do you have a color that you hate and I mean Hate with a passion? Does fashion play a part in what color you like? Is there a color that makes you want to barf? Or is barf the color of your hate? Whatever....I got started on this color theme and it's taken me places I didn't know I wanted to go, are ya with me? Bottom line is I need to add color to all my walls [that are a blend of whites,vanillas,tans and did I mention BLAND}! I stand in the paint store with a stupid look on my face and try to act unafraid but the sweat comes rolling down my face, my glasses fog up and my tummy starts to roll over. The what if's aren't far behind all of that and I lock up tighter than a rubberband on a news paper. Recently I painted one wall in our bedroom blue. Not just any blue mind you but a blue I had specially mixed up. Yep, I took a sample of the blue I wanted into a Sherman Willians store and after about 45 minutes it was a perfect match. I had no excuse now, it was paint or waste $30.00. After a week went by I did it, I just did it. I loved the results but now that the one wall is painted I have had to order a new bedspread and curtains with the same blue in it with squares of yellow thrown in. Now I am having to match that yellow on the bedspread at a Benjamin Moore paint store. I remember now why I went with bland colors.LOL. I keep seeing these books like Country Living, Southern Life and a lot more with these wonderful rooms and I get Spring Fever hotter than, well you know. This is a long blog really saying nothing important but it is keeping me from actually painting trim. I decided that this year I will be fearless, I mean FEARLESS, in all things in my life. I am now 57 years old and I want to do a lot of FEARLESS PAINTING, TRAVELING, CRAFTING, SEWING and so much more. First it's color and next who knows I may write that book I have talked about for years. Okay, one FEARLESS at a time and color is it's name. God Bless all who pass by this way and Hugs and Love Carla, aka cj aka nannie

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

My favorite to wear is black...even though Joey says it's not a color!
Good post! Love you!