About Me

My photo
I have an on going love story with my cowboy of 38 years and when I die I am moving to Heaven so all my friends and family know where I am! Acts 2:38

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Nannies Love

This is for my beloved grandchildren so if you are reading this I Thank you, but it really is just for them. Saturday PawPaw and I got to babysit Miss Ella Grace and Miss Lanie Elizabeth [ages almost 2 and almost 1]. WORN OUT was how I thought I would feel but instead I felt younger than in past years. I had needed a baby fix like crazy, ya know what I mean? The way they smell, the way they grin, the little giggles and laughs and coos. The little arms around my neck as I rocked Miss Ella Grace to sleep. Parents with two small babies put them down [as I did years ago] let them cry for about 4 or 5 minutes and they fell asleep. However being a "grandparent" brings on this longing in me to hold on longer and tighter to my grandbabies. All too fast they are growing up. Boo is already 7 and will be 8 in a few months. Jaxon is 3 and will be 4 in a month. My own baby will be 30 in August. Time seemed to stand still at one point and then as if someone decided it was the right time, just let the years fly by......I thought that's what I wanted. Now all I want is to hold and snuggle and adore my grandbabies, all of them. Dear God how I love these precious ones you have given me and cowboy as gifts. We both pray that they will all grow and mature and be healthy christians through your word but right now can you slow it down just a little. I just want to snuggle and hold a while longer. I want to play pat-a-cake and ride a little pony down to town until my legs go numb just to hear their laughs. Thank you Dear God for all these wonderful, different, independant little lives that call me their Nannie. I love you precious children and grandchildren, always have, always will. Nannie aka cj aka momma

No comments: