About Me

My photo
I have an on going love story with my cowboy of 38 years and when I die I am moving to Heaven so all my friends and family know where I am! Acts 2:38

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Little arms

As I stood in the kitchen late Wednesday getting my coffee maker to heat up some water for cocoa, a pair of little arms softly came around my legs from behind. It was my 3 yr old grandson Jax. This was our first time to spend a day together and I wasn't sure how it would go. Mommy was an little over an hour away at work and daddy was in Tenn. The little arms said it all!!!!! I turned around, picked him up and we hugged for several minutes. I said "Jaxon I love you" and he said "I love you Annie". Yes Boo calls me Nannie and Ella Grace is starting to say Nan but to have Annie as a name picked by this adorable little guy melts me every time I hear it. We watched a movie [several times, same movie]as we played in the floor, wrestled, played super heros and ate popcorn, carrot sticks, p-nut butter sandwiches, m&m's,and drank water. He kills me when I ask if he wants coolaid, milk, juice,coffee [just kidding about the coffee], and he tells me "No, just water". He minded everything I ask of him even in Wally World where I insisted on getting him an early birthday present. I really did insist. He learned that when I say Jax "Red Light" it means STOP and "Green Light" means go. Here on the farm if you let him outside he is at the other end of the place before I can say wait. He doesn't know about snakes, skunks with rabies, dogs dumped off and harmful things so I came up with this game to help ME and Him. He loved it and it worked like a charm. Yesterday all of Nannies adventures for the past week caught up with her and she slept all day. Third person makes it sound so much better than if I had slept all day, ya think? I miss them all today. Each child grown or grand are special to me and I love them with all my heart and soul. I treasure the sweet moments, like little arms around my legs. No words, just little arms. Hugs and love nannie, aka cj aka momma

1 comment:

suzspeaks said...

He has not stopped talking about you!! Thank you for everything! Love you!