About Me

My photo
I have an on going love story with my cowboy of 38 years and when I die I am moving to Heaven so all my friends and family know where I am! Acts 2:38

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is it just me?

Ya know there are just some things that can't be fixed and STUPID is one of those things!!! It started this morning and it's still going. I mean you can fix things with hard work, hot glue gun, sewing, hammer, DUCK [I know],duct tape or just about anything in this world; But not stupid. Example A. After sitting an hour in the doctors office the nurse comes out and says "Are ya here to see the doctor?"......What? I so wanted and I do mean WANTED to say "No, I just didn't have enough to do at home so I thought I'd come here, pay my co-pay and then sit here with all these coughing, wheezing, snot blowing sick people to be entertained." Next stop eating lunch. The waitress takes our order and before she leaves the table, so help me, she ask "Do ya want that for here or to go?"......again, I wanted to say "Oh, we just came in to sit in your chairs because the car is toooooo comfortable." Are you kidding me. I almost started to laugh but held on to it till we got to your favorite store and mine, Wally-World. One more line to wait in, it seemed like the cashier was on downers [what ever that is LOL]. After, and I kid you not, 37 minutes it was our turn and so help me little Liza the guy ask "Are yall ready to check out?" Nearly peeed [did I spell that, never mind] anyway. I couldn't resist the urge, it was like someone else jumped into my body and I said "No could you wait a minute I just want to savor the moment"!!!!! Thank God my cowboy is nearly deaf in one ear. The guy looked at me like I had lost my marbles [which reminds me I need to buy some marbles for summer...nuther story, sorry]! I mean come on people what do ya think we are at these places to do??? What if someone ask me at church tonight "Are ya here to worship????" Duh! Now being from Arkansas and having heard a lot of stories about us hillbillys I can only say that I might be ignorant about some things,but I can fix that by learning about it, [like the use of tooooo many commas in a sentence]. However, STUPID IS STUPID......and you can't fix it no matter how old the dog is! It only takes a little thought, just one little thought before you speak. The phone rang right before I got on the computer and I was asked "Is your mother home?" To which I truthfully said yes."May I speak to her?" Again truthfully "No" Okay then they wanted to speak to my daddy, once more truthfully "No" Well is there an adult there came a angry voice, and as I lay down on the floor laughing my insides out the person got angrier and angrier [did I spell, never mind]. I finally said, My mom is 80 years old and lives in another town, my daddy died almost 11 years ago and just in case your next question is "May I speak to the Lady of the house" I'm right here!!!!! Now I may have a slight leftover Arkansas twang, but come on, at 57 there is no way I sound like a child. What's my point? Who knows, I never know when I start these things but it just seemed like a funny day to me. Seriously, do you think stupid can be fixed? Should we start wearing T-shirts that say "I am not stupid, I am just ignorant for the moment" My parting words are of a sign just outside of the Long John Silvers resturant in Yukon. It read "We are now hireing smileing faces". Do ya think they just want the face or can a complete body get a job there????? Got any thoughts on how people ask you questions or am I the only one finding humor in silly things that people say, write of do? God Bless you on your journey, Hugs and Love cj aka momma aka nannie

No comments: