About Me

My photo
I have an on going love story with my cowboy of 38 years and when I die I am moving to Heaven so all my friends and family know where I am! Acts 2:38

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Holidays, Showers, Graduations Oh My

Do ya think somewhere someone is saying "Hey I'm bored, let's make up another holiday"! As I roamed [and I do mean roamed] through the isles of Wally World this morning I was aware of three things. 1. Sometime this month is St.Patricks Day 2. Valentine [and some Christmas] items are now 75% off all broken left overs. and 3. Easter is fast on the everloving, hopping, candy eating, money sucking way! Now being the great Nannie of 4 that I am I started counting birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers, graduation gifts and just in general stuff that I needed to buy. Not only will I need a U-Haul, but I may need to hire someone to wrap and deliver the gifts. At the least keep it all straight. Did I mention that money is TIGHT FOR EVERYONE? Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas a lot, Thanksgiving not so much and Halloween not at all. I love baby showers, but who knows if the couple getting married is gonna stay that way longer than it took to pick out the gift. Now we have awarness days.... all good causes.......most all good causes. Breast cancer, diabetes, arthritis, premature birth, Jerrys kids, pennies to rebuild the statue of Liberty. Where am I going with this? Who knows, but everytime I turn around someone has a day or a cause or a anniversary on my calender. Limits people that's what I'm talking about. Limits!!!!! Now someone just called me to ask when Grandparents Day is? Didn't even know there was one HELLO AND I AM A GRANDMOTHER FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS! Ya think someone would have mentioned it before now don't ya? Well it's your turn. Comment and tell me a Holiday you want to make up, one you hate, one you love and how draining on your pocketbook it is or isn't. Do you make the crafty things to give [are you good at that] or do you feel like the amount of money depends on the relationship to the person recieving the gift. By the way I personally try and get at least a card and send even if I don't write a check to put in it. I am drawing the line in the sand this year.....I didn't do a thing for Presidents Day, Martin L.King Day, and St. Patrick is on his own!!!!! Till next time or I see another Holiday mark up or down at the store, heres to you and yours. God Bless you on your journey Hugs cj aka nannie aka momma

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

good post! I want to make up a be-lazy-all-day-long-and-no-one-can-say-a-thing holiday! How about tomorrow... March 11th!

Brandi said...

I feel the same way as you about Christmas (love it), Thanksgiving (not so much)! I thought I was the only one in the world who did NOT love Thanksgiving! For St. Patricks Day I always throw on something GREEN - I think I always got pinched on that day because my mom forgot to dress me in green! So, that's one thing I never forget these days. :) Love the blog!